GALLERIES OF AISHWARYA RAI

Monday, May 3, 2010

‘Raavan’ has boosted my confidence in Tamil: Ashwarya Rai

Aishwarya Rai
Aishwarya RaiThe actor said even though she is acquainted with the language, she cannot break into a conversation in Tamil. "But, with Raavan, Mani (director) has boosted my confidence in Tamil," she said.

Bollywood actor Aishwarya Rai says that working on Mani Ratnam’s ‘Raavan’ in Hindi and Tamil simultaneously has boosted her confidence in the language.

“It was scary. I felt I was giving my final exams. Sometimes there would be last minute changes and it was chaotic. So, Mani gave me the scenes on location itself. Besides, I had to learn the lines of my co-star too,” she said.

The actor said even though she is acquainted with the language, she cannot break into a conversation in Tamil.

“But, with Raavan, Mani has boosted my confidence in Tamil,” she said.

Speaking about her character, Aishwarya said Ragini is a strong woman and she is glad that she got an opportunity to portray her.

“Ragini is earthy, rooted, fiesty, fiery, vulnerable and emotional. She draws her strength from within,” the actress said adding her character was a complete woman who connects with human beings irrespective of the circumstances and their place in society and where they come from.

“I felt completely related to the character as she stands out as a woman who is special,” Rai said.

Aishwarya is starring opposite Tamil superstar Rajnikanth in ‘Endhiran: The Robot’ The actress indicated that she is open to more offers in Tamil.

0 comments: